A CONTEMPORARY ISSUE FROM THE ANCIENT WORLD
Why the question of Jesus authority?
- If he claimed human authority, there was a problem?
- If he claimed divine authority, there was problem?
- Jesus turns the trick around on them.
The parable of the two sons is about the authority of God’s Word.
- The response of two sons.
- Jesus identifies the Pharisees as the second son.
Contemporary application of the parable
- Which son do you identify with?
The modern church is pressured with the relevance of experience over the reality of the truth of God’s Word.
- The authority of God’s Word brings about repenting and believing.
Jesus’ authority over sin and death opens the doors to the kingdom of heaven
Jesus authority makes us the first son.